My hand is raised HIGH in the air. It's usually around this time of year the faculty lounge if full of junk and I'm mindlessly eating all day. A bite here...a lick there. And sometimes it's not even food I REALLY enjoy! This holiday season is GOING TO BE DIFFERENT! This year I'm going to be more mindful of everything I eat because I'm going to log my food into My Fitness Pal.
You know my friend, Deedee- right? She's the fabulous lady behind all things Mrs. Wills' Kinder. We decided that our fat train is going to stop right here. We are done making excuses and we are going to take the Holidays HEAD ON.
Did you know people gain an average of 5-7lbs during the holiday season. NO THANK YOU! Let's aim to maintain this year, my friends! Do you want to join us in a little challenge? Mindful eating and moving our body more?
Well what IS mindful eating?
"The main purpose of mindful eating is to change your relationship with food. Mindful eating is anything but a “diet” — in fact, it’s basically the opposite! Changing the way you eat (as opposed to just what foods you eat) is not just about developing discipline over your food preferences or necessarily losing weight. Instead, it’s really about mastering control over your mind. When using mindfulness around food, you’re present and aware of your appetite as it changes so you naturally control portions, choose healthy options and avoid emotionally eating." Dr. Axe
Do you want to win $100 gift card to Amazon and not gain #alltheweightintheworld?
Here's what you need to do:
1. Download My Fitness Pal on your smartphone (they also have a computer version)
2. Get familiar with My Fitness Pal and don't be scared to Google any questions you have. You'll be logging all your food and movement for this challenge.
For instance, you can Google:
Google will be your BFF if you are new to My Fitness Pal. BUT- it is SO SO simple.
*Although we are not worrying about weightloss- My Fitness Pal SUCKS at suggesting calories that I should eat. It's NEVER enough. I looked around for a website that might help you determine how many calories you should eat because 1,200 is NOT enough (and everyone is different).
CalorieKing was the closest and easiest. Then you can plug that number manually into your MFP.
3. Download our My Healthy Holiday Sheet
and here are some optional things you can do...
3. Post your food, workouts, tips, and tricks on Instagram and Facebook using our hashtag
#myhealthyholiday15 - Feel free to use our "Mindful Eating" image to post on IG and FB! Invite your spouse, friends, and family to join this challenge.
4. You'll have the option to link up to our weekly Linky each Sunday night to share your successes or failures! Come back here next Sunday to check in.
5. Put away the scale! This isn't about losing weight (although that will be a nice bonus). This is about being more aware of the food we are eating, MAINTAINING our weight, making healthy choices, moving our body more, feeling better, developing a good relationship with food, and the $100 gift card. ;)
Are you in?
Share with your friends/family and get them involved!
Let's do this!
In health and happiness,
Rachelle and Deedee